Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sleep is for the weak.

I often have very vivid, bizarre dreams. A lot of the time I dream that my teeth fall out. It's always horrible because I can actually feel them falling out of my mouth in my dream. I feel embarrassed (because there are usually people around when it happens) and frustrated because there is nothing I can do about it. The last time I had such a dream I went to the dentist and he told me I just had to let them fall out, there was nothing that he could do to stop it.

It's a good thing sleep can bring wonderful dreams as well, otherwise I might just give up cold turkey.

"I know Ill miss her later
Wish I could bend my love to hate her
Wish I could be her creator
To twist her arms now

She stares up at the stars when
The stars fell from her hair then
I bent down to collect them
And then she was gone

Oh I sleep just to dream her
I beg the night just to see her
That my only love should be her
Just to lie in her arms
..."

-Sleep to Dream Her, Dave Matthews Band

I like to pretend that Dave Matthews is singing about me. I am not ashamed to admit that I have a huge crush on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment